UDO sample problems

Alex, thanks for the sample Makefile and example UDO. But something is demented, because some part of SciDB
thinks that it’s 12.10 – which it was at some time, but I stopped 12.10, started 13.2 , or did I?

When you upgrade, can you simply stopall and then startall with the new SCIDB_VER? Maybe that’s where the problem lies.
The 13.2 config files were copied from the 12.10 to make all the names etc consistent, and I wanted to avoid reingesting
decades worth of data, because even binary opaque save would have taken 53+ hours plus the restore…

iquery is running from the 13.2 bins, and it thinks it 13.2, so I thought I was safe. But wait… the problem starts
with loading the example.

Compile and copy the lib is ok:

[scidb@mas-nn UDO]$ iquery --version SciDB version: 13.2.6054 Build type: RelWithDebInfo Copyright (C) 2008-2013 SciDB, Inc. [scidb@mas-nn UDO]$ scidb@mas-nn ~]$ make g++ -Dexample_EXPORTS -pedantic -W -Wextra -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-long -Wno-unused-parameter -fPIC -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -Wno-system-headers -isystem -O2 -g -DNDEBUG -ggdb3 -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I. -DPROJECT_ROOT="\"/data/gfekete/src/scidb-13.2.0.6054\"" -I"/data/gfekete/src/scidb-13.2.0.6054/include" -I/usr/include/google/protobuf -I/usr/include/postgresql -o plugin.cpp.o -c plugin.cpp g++ -Dexample_EXPORTS -pedantic -W -Wextra -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-long -Wno-unused-parameter -fPIC -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -Wno-system-headers -isystem -O2 -g -DNDEBUG -ggdb3 -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I. -DPROJECT_ROOT="\"/data/gfekete/src/scidb-13.2.0.6054\"" -I"/data/gfekete/src/scidb-13.2.0.6054/include" -I/usr/include/google/protobuf -I/usr/include/postgresql -o LogicalExample.cpp.o -c LogicalExample.cpp g++ -Dexample_EXPORTS -pedantic -W -Wextra -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-long -Wno-unused-parameter -fPIC -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -Wno-system-headers -isystem -O2 -g -DNDEBUG -ggdb3 -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I. -DPROJECT_ROOT="\"/data/gfekete/src/scidb-13.2.0.6054\"" -I"/data/gfekete/src/scidb-13.2.0.6054/include" -I/usr/include/google/protobuf -I/usr/include/postgresql -o PhysicalExample.cpp.o -c PhysicalExample.cpp g++ -Dexample_EXPORTS -pedantic -W -Wextra -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-long -Wno-unused-parameter -fPIC -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -Wno-system-headers -isystem -O2 -g -DNDEBUG -ggdb3 -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I. -DPROJECT_ROOT="\"/data/gfekete/src/scidb-13.2.0.6054\"" -I"/data/gfekete/src/scidb-13.2.0.6054/include" -I/usr/include/google/protobuf -I/usr/include/postgresql -o libexample.so plugin.cpp.o LogicalExample.cpp.o PhysicalExample.cpp.o -L"/data/gfekete/src/scidb-13.2.0.6054/lib" -shared -Wl,-soname,libexample.so -L. [scidb@mas-nn ~]$ ls -l libexample.so -rwxrwxr-x 1 scidb scidb 4992342 Apr 8 17:37 libexample.so [scidb@mas-nn ~]$ cp libexample.so /opt/scidb/13.2/lib/scidb/plugins/libexample.so [scidb@mas-nn ~]$

Now for the tricky bit:

[scidb@mas-nn ~]$ iquery -aq "load_library('example')" SystemException in file: src/util/PluginManager.cpp function: findModule line: 112 Error id: scidb::SCIDB_SE_PLUGIN_MGR::SCIDB_LE_CANT_LOAD_MODULE Error description: Plugin manager error. Cannot load module '/opt/scidb/12.10/lib/scidb/plugins/libexample.so', dlopen returned '/opt/scidb/12.10/lib/scidb/plugins/libexample.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory. Failed query id: 1101061895306 [scidb@mas-nn ~]$ echo $SCIDB_VER 13.2 [scidb@mas-nn ~]$
PLEASE HELP! My conjecture based on nothing except gut feeling, is that I should have bounced something in postgres
to make it forget 12.10 and pay attention to 13.2. (Kinda like a divorce followed by a new wedding, but an unexpected photo of the ex turning up after the wedding…
!awkward!!)

George

George,

Check your config.ini file. It has a “pluginsdir” field. See what that’s set to?
Also run “scidb --version” and make sure that says the right thing?

Alex, here is what scidb has to say about SciDB:

[quote][scidb@mas-nn gfekete]$ scidb --version
SciDB version: 13.2.6054
Build type: RelWithDebInfo
Copyright © 2008-2013 SciDB, Inc.
[scidb@mas-nn gfekete]$ [/quote]

My SCIDB_VER variable is set to 13.2

/opt/scidb/13.2/etc/config.ini on the other hand (and I am ashamed) had references to – and you called it, Bravo! – 12.10

I am restarting everything now …
George