scidb4j compiling errors

Hello,

I see the following errors when compiling the java client. I am trying to compile the 13.12.1 version of scidb. Anybody else run into this? I am using protobuf 2.5.0 and jdk 1.7. Should I use another version of jdk?

[javac] Compiling 24 source files to /home/scidb/scidb-13.12.0.6872/src/clients/java/build/scidb4j
[javac] warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.6
[javac] /home/scidb/scidb-13.12.0.6872/src/clients/java/src/main/java/scidb4j/org/scidb/client/Result.java:61: error: cannot find symbol
[javac] dimensions[i] = new Schema.Dimension(dim.getName(), dim.getTypeId(), dim.getFlags(), dim.getStartMin(),
[javac] ^
[javac] symbol: method getTypeId()
[javac] location: variable dim of type DimensionDesc
[javac] /home/scidb/scidb-13.12.0.6872/src/clients/java/src/main/java/scidb4j/org/scidb/client/Result.java:61: error: cannot find symbol
[javac] dimensions[i] = new Schema.Dimension(dim.getName(), dim.getTypeId(), dim.getFlags(), dim.getStartMin(),
[javac] ^
[javac] symbol: method getFlags()
[javac] location: variable dim of type DimensionDesc
[javac] /home/scidb/scidb-13.12.0.6872/src/clients/java/src/main/java/scidb4j/org/scidb/jdbc/Connection.java:29: error: org.scidb.jdbc.Connection is not abstract and does not override abstract method getNetworkTimeout() in java.sql.Connection
[javac] public class Connection implements java.sql.Connection
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/scidb/scidb-13.12.0.6872/src/clients/java/src/main/java/scidb4j/org/scidb/jdbc/Driver.java:30: error: org.scidb.jdbc.Driver is not abstract and does not override abstract method getParentLogger() in java.sql.Driver
[javac] public class Driver implements java.sql.Driver

Switched to jdk 6 and I have the following error:

Deleted 5 out of date files in 0 seconds
[javac] Compiling 16 source files to /home/scidb/scidb-13.12.0.6872/src/clients/java/build/scidb4j
[javac] /home/scidb/scidb-13.12.0.6872/src/clients/java/src/main/java/scidb4j/org/scidb/client/Result.java:61: cannot find symbol
[javac] symbol : method getTypeId()
[javac] location: class org.scidb.io.network.ScidbMsg.QueryResult.DimensionDesc
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/scidb/scidb-13.12.0.6872/src/clients/java/src/main/java/scidb4j/org/scidb/client/Result.java:61: cannot find symbol
[javac] symbol : method getFlags()
[javac] ^
[javac] 2 errors

Any ideas ?

Thanks

More information :

I have installed protobuf-2.4.1 (was previously trying with protobuf-2.5.0) Still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

[javac] Compiling 16 source files to /home/scidb/scidb-13.12.0.6872/src/clients/java/build/scidb4j
    [javac] symbol  : method getTypeId()
    [javac]             dimensions[i] = new Schema.Dimension(dim.getName(), dim.getTypeId(), dim.getFlags(), dim.getStartMin(),
    [javac]                                                                    ^
    [javac] symbol  : method getFlags()
    [javac]             dimensions[i] = new Schema.Dimension(dim.getName(), dim.getTypeId(), dim.getFlags(), dim.getStartMin(),
    [javac]                                                                                     ^
    [javac] 2 errors

mranga,

For 13.12, can you use the pre-compiled JAR file?
As described in the user manual scidb.org/HTMLmanual/13.12/scidb_ug/ch11s01.html, you may get the jar file by:

Also, the 14.3 release will be out in a couple of days.

Donghui