SciDB Ubuntu 20.04

I was curious if anyone has attempted and managed to build and / or install SciDB 19.11 on Ubuntu 20.04 or 18.04 and could give me some pointers.

Installing the following packages on 20.04 * appears* to satisfy the dependencies and CMAKE.

sudo apt install cmake g++ flex bison gfortran doxygen graphviz
sudo apt install libboost-all-dev 
sudo apt install libprotobuf-dev
sudo apt install liblog4cxx-dev
sudo apt install libpqxx-dev
sudo apt install libssl-dev
sudo apt install libcppunit-dev
sudo apt install libbz2-dev
sudo apt install libcsv-dev
sudo apt install libedit-dev
sudo apt install libscalapack-mpi-dev
sudo apt install libmkl-full-dev

But I am not sure about MKL_BLAS. cmake/Modules/FindMKL_BLAS.cmake appears to look for libmkl_rt.so in /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries/linux/mkl/lib/intel64. Apt seems to install libmkl_rt.so in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/. So I added the path to FindMKL_BLAS.cmake. Is this OK?

Regardless, the build then fails either if -Werror is set at:

make[2]: *** [extern/MurmurHash/CMakeFiles/MurmurHash_lib.dir/build.make:63: extern/MurmurHash/CMakeFiles/MurmurHash_lib.dir/MurmurHa
sh3.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2040: extern/MurmurHash/CMakeFiles/MurmurHash_lib.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:141: all] Error

Or, if -Werror is not set at:

src/network/proto/CMakeFiles/scidb_msg_lib.dir/build.make:61: *** target pattern contains no '%'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2163: src/network/proto/CMakeFiles/scidb_msg_lib.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:141: all] Error 2

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Question in this direction to paradigm4: Do you intend to support more recent Ubuntu versions in the future or will the focus lie on CentOS?

At this point, it is known that SciDB does not work on Ubuntu 18.04 with the toolchain that comes with that distro/release and has never been attempted on Ubuntu 20.04.

It is the intention of Paradigm 4 to eventually support those releases, but Paradigm4 does focus on the CentOS distributions, and the next supported distro is expected to be CentOS 8 prior to any Ubuntu release version.