Scidb on Ubuntu 13.04

I have installed a coordinator and worker under ubuntu 12.04. A third node needed a couple release upgrades–unfortunately, I managed to upgrade to 13.04 instead of 12.04. :blush: Is it possible to install a worker from the source under 13.04? What plans are there to support 13.04? Can i assist in any way?

SciDB should build from source with one problem…the cmake file proscribes a specific cmake version that you will have to relax. Let us know if you run in to other problems.

Comment out this block in CMakeLists.txt

# if(NOT (${Boost_MAJOR_VERSION} EQUAL 1 AND 
#         ${Boost_MINOR_VERSION} EQUAL 46))
#  message(FATAL_ERROR "Could not find the required 1.46 version of boost")
# endif(NOT (${Boost_MAJOR_VERSION} EQUAL 1 AND 
#            ${Boost_MINOR_VERSION} EQUAL 46))

Install some packages in ubuntu 13.04

sudo apt-get install cmake libprotobuf-dev libboost1.53-all-dev liblog4cxx10-dev libpqxx3-dev swig2.0 flex bison doxygen libcppunit-dev xsltproc fop postgresql-9.1

make gave error at 49%

[ 49%] Building CXX object src/query/ops/CMakeFiles/ops_lib.dir/attribute_rename/PhysicalAttributeRename.cpp.o
[ 49%] Building CXX object src/query/ops/CMakeFiles/ops_lib.dir/cancel/LogicalCancel.cpp.o
/home/dcslbw/Downloads/scidb-13.3.0.6147/src/query/ops/cancel/LogicalCancel.cpp: In member function ‘virtual scidb::ArrayDesc scidb::LogicalCancel::inferSchema(std::vector<scidb::ArrayDesc>, boost::shared_ptr<scidb::Query>)’:
/home/dcslbw/Downloads/scidb-13.3.0.6147/src/query/ops/cancel/LogicalCancel.cpp:76:36: error: ‘shared_dynamic_cast’ was not declared in this scope
/home/dcslbw/Downloads/scidb-13.3.0.6147/src/query/ops/cancel/LogicalCancel.cpp:76:86: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
/home/dcslbw/Downloads/scidb-13.3.0.6147/src/query/ops/cancel/LogicalCancel.cpp:77:30: error: ‘class scidb::OperatorParam’ has no member named ‘getExpression’
make[2]: *** [src/query/ops/CMakeFiles/ops_lib.dir/cancel/LogicalCancel.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/query/ops/CMakeFiles/ops_lib.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I will try with boost 1.46

Boost 1.46 failed to build thread in ubuntu 13.04 x86_64, but the rest libraries could be installed. If thread was excluded in CMakeLists.txt, cmake ./ worked fine.

BOOST_ENABLE_THREADS/BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS wrongly configured on GCC 4.7. https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6165