Scidb not runing after upgrading ubuntu

Hello,
Scidb 14.12 was running fine, but after i upgrade Ubntu from 12.02 to 14.04 the system failed to start Scidb.

when i give this command: scidb.py startall cluster
the result is:

Found 0 scidb processes start(server 0 (localhost) local instance 0) Starting SciDB server. start(server 0 (localhost) local instance 1) Starting SciDB server. start(server 0 (localhost) local instance 2) Starting SciDB server. start(server 0 (localhost) local instance 3) Starting SciDB server. /opt/scidb/14.12/bin/scidb.py: ERROR: Failed to start SciDB!

the ssh and postgresql are working and restart them but still not working …

psql (PostgreSQL) 9.3.9
OpenSSH_6.6.1p1
java version "1.7.0_79"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.6) (7u79-2.5.6-0ubuntu1.14.04.1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.79-b02, mixed mode)

Any suggestions to detect/ solve the problem ?

The SciDB binaries for Ubuntu12.04 (12.04 is what we test) are different from the ones for Ubuntu14.04 mainly because
we use Postgres8.4 for 12.04 and Postgres9.3 (native) for 14.04. Using 12.04 bits on 14.04 is not really supported.
Moreover, I am not sure what happened to the postgres data (including the SciDB catalog) and configuration during the upgrade. If the postgres data is gone, the scidb data is inaccessible (effectively lost). Even if the catalog is intact and you manage to start SciDB, this configuration is not supported (as I mentioned). If the SciDB data is not important, the best action is to uninstall SciDB and install the 14.12 for Ubunutu14.04. If you are willing to try to restart your cluster,

1. check is if the SciDB catalog is intact by connecting to postgres as the scidb user (to the scidb postgres ‘database’) on the machine of instance 0(aka the coordinator). Look in /opt/scidb/14.12/etc/config.ini (by default) for
    []

db_user=
    db_pwd=

and do something like
    psql -U pg-user -d pg-database -h localhost
    Password …
    pg-user=> select * from “array”;

(>0 rows)
    You should see your arrays and their versions.
  2. check the log files in the instance 0 data directory, /000/0/*.log
    that should give you a clue as to what SciDB does not like. I suspect, it is running into some sort PG issue …
    Make sure /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf looks something like:

TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

“local” is for Unix domain socket connections only

local all all ident

IPv4 local connections:

host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5

IPv6 local connections:

host all all ::1/128 md5
host all all X.Y.Z.0/24 md5 # or whatever your subnet is
Make sure /var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf has something like:
listen_addresses=’*'
To help you further, I would need to see the contents of 000/0/scidb.log and the contents of pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf

Thank you for ur reply …
Actually i uninstall scidb and install it again … it is working perfectly now, but i have a problem with the JDBC
My system is:
[list=]
Ubuntu 14.04
Scidb 14.12
libprotobuf-java_2.4.1-1ubuntu2_all.deb
CLASSPATH= $JDBC/scidb4j.jar:/usr/share/java/protobuf-java.jar
java version “1.7.0_79”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.6) (7u79-2.5.6-0ubuntu1.14.04.1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.79-b02, mixed mode)
[/list]

When I run the
To run the JDBC example included at the manual ( wget downloads.paradigm4.com/client/1 … xample.jar) by (java -classpath example.jar:$CLASSPATH org.scidb.JDBCExample)

i get this error exception :

[quote]Driver is not in the CLASSPATH -> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.scidb.jdbc.Driver
java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:scidb://localhost:1239/
[/quote]

Note: the SSh, postgresql 9.3 and SciDB are running :geek: