SciDB installation under Debian

Hello,

I want to install SciDB on Debian GNU/Linux 9.12 (stretch).
Since Debian is not supported officially I have tried to compile everything from source.
Everything is going smoothly except linking to blacs library:

[ 58%] Linking CXX executable mpi_slave_direct
/usr/bin/ld: libmpi_slave_common.a(pdgesvdSlave.cpp.o): undefined reference to symbol ‘blacs_abort_’
/usr/lib/…/lib/libblacs-openmpi.so.1: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Could you please tell what should I change in order to get rid of the issue with the linker?

You mileage may vary. SciDB on Debian Stretch has never been tested.

Are you using Intel MKL library?

You could try installing libblacs-mpi-dev and updating the link targets for the mpi_slave_common CMake target. That is certainly not tested, but it might link.

Hi,

It’s still me, but for some reason my account was put on hold and has not been activated again.

Thank you for the reply.
Yes, I use MKL library, and BLAS and LAPACK libraries are pointing to MKL.
I have added blacs-openmpi as a new link target to mpi_clave_common CMake and everything compiled and installed successfully.
However, gemm operation does not to work:

AFL% gemm(t1, t2, t3);
SystemException in file: MPISlaveProxy.cpp function: checkLauncher line: 64 instance: s0-i0 (0)
Error id: scidb::SCIDB_SE_INTERNAL::SCIDB_LE_OPERATION_FAILED
Error description: Internal SciDB error. Operation 'MPI launcher process already terminated' failed.

Are there still libraries missing?

The MPISlave Proxy is used by GEMM and GESVD. You are using an untested and unsupported MPI implementation on an untested and unsupported OS distribution.

What version of SciDB are you trying to compile?

Again is it worth noting that Debian Stretch is UNsupported and UNtested.

I’m compiling Release 19.11.
I have also experienced the same problem with gemm operation in Ubuntu 14.04.

Thank you.