Problem building scidb orderbook example

I have trying to compile the scidb orderbook example: github.com/Paradigm4/orderbook-example

I am running the scidb 14.12 AIM an an m3.2xlarge cluster. When try the make it fails as follows:

make make -C src make[1]: Entering directory `/home/scidb/orderbook-example/src' g++ -pedantic -W -Wextra -Wall -Wno-variadic-macros -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-long -Wno-unused-parameter -fPIC -D_STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -Wno-system-headers -isystem -O2 -g -DNDEBUG -ggdb3 -D_STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I. -DPROJECT_ROOT="\"/opt/scidb/14.12\"" -I"/opt/scidb/14.12/3rdparty/boost/include/" -I"/opt/scidb/14.12/include" -o liborderbook.so orderbook.cpp -shared -Wl,-soname,libsuperfunpack.so -L. -L"/opt/scidb/14.12/3rdparty/boost/lib" -L"/opt/scidb/14.12/lib" -Wl,-rpath,/opt/scidb/14.12/lib: -lm In file included from /opt/scidb/14.12/include/array/MemChunk.h:42:0, from /opt/scidb/14.12/include/array/MemArray.h:31, from /opt/scidb/14.12/include/query/Operator.h:55, from orderbook.cpp:37: /opt/scidb/14.12/include/array/Tile.h:55:28: fatal error: log4cxx/logger.h: No such file or directory #include <log4cxx/logger.h> ^ compilation terminated. make[1]: *** [all] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/scidb/orderbook-example/src' make: *** [all] Error 2

Apparnetly cpp is unable to find the log4cxx library.

To determine if the problem is which the search path I tries the following:

sudo find / -iname logger.h

This command found nothing, so I must conclude that this library is not installed.

I suppose I could build the log4cxx library from source, but is there a better way to resolve this problem.

Thank you.

Yeah, I think all you need to do is
sudo apt-get install liblog4cxx10-dev

That… should do it. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks Alex.

Installing the log4cxx library worked. I also had to install the pqxx library: sudo apt-get install libpqxx-dev

After these two steps the make for the orderbook example worked.

Regards.