Problem about dev_tools

Hi everyone:
I want to use dev_tools to install grouped_aggregate, but when I install dev_tools according to https://github.com/paradigm4/dev_tools, a fault has occurred.
I download the dev_tools by git clone, then, enter dev_tools dictionary,run run,I get an error is as follows:

Logicalinstall_github.cpp: In member function ‘virtual scidb::ArrayDesc scidb::Logicalinstall_github::inferSchema(std::vector<scidb::ArrayDesc>, std::shared_ptr<scidb::Query>)’:
Logicalinstall_github.cpp:70:72: error: ‘class scidb::Query’ has no member named ‘getDefaultArrayResidency’
         return ArrayDesc("", atts, dims, defaultPartitioning(), query->getDefaultArrayResidency());
                                                                        ^
Logicalinstall_github.cpp:74:5: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
     }
     ^
In file included from /opt/scidb/15.7/3rdparty/boost/include/boost/filesystem/path_traits.hpp:23:0,
                 from /opt/scidb/15.7/3rdparty/boost/include/boost/filesystem/path.hpp:25,
                 from /opt/scidb/15.7/3rdparty/boost/include/boost/filesystem.hpp:16,
                 from /opt/scidb/15.7/include/system/Utils.h:36,
                 from /opt/scidb/15.7/include/system/Config.h:45,
                 from /opt/scidb/15.7/include/query/Operator.h:58,
                 from Logicalinstall_github.cpp:1:
/opt/scidb/15.7/3rdparty/boost/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp: At global scope:
/opt/scidb/15.7/3rdparty/boost/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:222:36: warning: ‘boost::system::posix_category’ defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
     static const error_category &  posix_category = generic_category();
                                    ^
/opt/scidb/15.7/3rdparty/boost/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:223:36: warning: ‘boost::system::errno_ecat’ defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
     static const error_category &  errno_ecat     = generic_category();
                                    ^
/opt/scidb/15.7/3rdparty/boost/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:224:36: warning: ‘boost::system::native_ecat’ defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
     static const error_category &  native_ecat    = system_category();
                                    ^
make: *** [libdev_tools.so] Error 1

How can I solve this problem? Thank you.

Hi,

You found these repos a little earlier than other folks.
These plugins are branched in a way that matches SciDB release branches.
Both grouped_aggregate and dev_tools have a “v15.7” branch. You should use that branch to work with 15.7.
The default branches are for 15.12 - which isnt out yet, but will be out very soon.

For dev_tools, do
git checkout v15.7

Then it should build and install. Then for grouped_aggregate, use
install_github('paradigm4/grouped_aggregate', 'v15.7')

That should do it.

Hi, this is my executing process:

cd dev_tools
git checkout v15.7
make

AFL% load_library('dev_tools');
Query was executed successfully
AFL% install_github('paradigm4/grouped_aggregate', 'v15.7');
SystemException in file: Physicalinstall_github.cpp function: execute line: 118
Error id: scidb::SCIDB_SE_OPERATOR::SCIDB_LE_ILLEGAL_OPERATION
Error description: Operator error. Illegal operation: failed to build plugin.

What is the cause of this ?

Hello,

I don’t know if you solved your problem, hope things went well for your side.
I got another problem while I was installing the dev_tools plugin, the libpqxx has a version conflict. Because the one I was using for the SciDB installation is libpqxx 3.0, but the dev_tools require a newer version.
Here is more information about my problem:

Did you met some problem like this?

thanks