Is it possible to get a little more information on the orderbook example please guys? I am having some trouble getting it to work, and sense it is the Linux side (well documented Windows prisoner !) Just a little more help getting it to work would be appreciated.
The issues in a nutshell;
(1) running 12.04 Ubuntu and SciDB 14.3 working fine. Ran the lines; “apt-get install scidb-14.3-dev scidb-14.3-dev-tools scidb-14.3-libboost1.54-dev scidb-14.3-libmpich2-dev scidb-14.3-libboost1.54-all-dev” (as root) as the example suggests - github.com/Paradigm4/orderbook-example
(2) The problem appears with the next commands; “cd orderbook” - it does not recognise the folder - Am I making a basic Linux error here please ?
(3) All the subsequent commands also do not run
(4) Is it possible to define the headers of the csv file please ? The 11 fields
(5) Does SciDB’ers have any experience with FIX message files en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_ … n_eXchange, the placing of them into SciDB database - using some basic R script to translate the files into a format similar to the ARCA example and hope to put them into SciDB
(6) The file example shows 200m rows for the day I think - I have 400m, and have 500 trading days - and the same again for a different exchange - 6 fields per line - Will SciDB be suitable ? Hope so.
Thanks in advance guys for any comments / assistance