Make errors with orderbook example

Hi All

Just a quick one I think/hope

Trying to run the orderbook example and hitting a error on the ‘make’ command (ubuntu 14.04)

[b]make -C src
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/scidb/orderbook-example/src’
Error. Try:

make SCIDB=
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/scidb/orderbook-example/src’
make: *** [all] Error 2
[/b]

This is the return for the make command.

The dependencies where changed to reflect the fact I am on the latest version (14.12)

apt-get install scidb-14.3-dev scidb-14.3-dev-tools scidb-14.3-libboost1.54-dev scidb-14.3-libmpich2-dev scidb-14.3-libboost1.54-all-dev

Changed to;
apt-get install scidb-14.12-dev scidb-14.12-dev-tools scidb-14.12-libboost1.54-dev scidb-14.12-libmpich2-dev scidb-14.12-libboost1.54-all-dev

Any idea what the problem could be please community.

Kind Regards

H

A small development and more information. The attempt above was an attempt to “make” as root. For a change to user “scidb” the error now reads;

make -C src
make[1]: Entering directory /home/scidb/orderbook-example/src' g++ -pedantic -W -Wextra -Wall -Wno-variadic-macros -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-long -Wno-unused-parameter -fPIC -D_STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -Wno-system-headers -isystem -O2 -g -DNDEBUG -ggdb3 -D_STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -I. -DPROJECT_ROOT="\"/opt/scidb/14.12\"" -I"/opt/scidb/14.12/3rdparty/boost/include/" -I"/opt/scidb/14.12/include" -o liborderbook.so orderbook.cpp -shared -Wl,-soname,libsuperfunpack.so -L. -L"/opt/scidb/14.12/3rdparty/boost/lib" -L"/opt/scidb/14.12/lib" -Wl,-rpath,/opt/scidb/14.12/lib: -lm In file included from /opt/scidb/14.12/include/array/MemChunk.h:42:0, from /opt/scidb/14.12/include/array/MemArray.h:31, from /opt/scidb/14.12/include/query/Operator.h:55, from orderbook.cpp:37: /opt/scidb/14.12/include/array/Tile.h:55:28: fatal error: log4cxx/logger.h: No such file or directory #include <log4cxx/logger.h> ^ compilation terminated. make[1]: *** [all] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory/home/scidb/orderbook-example/src’
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks

H

Looks like I missed a dependency in the README file. You also need the log4cxx development packages to compile this plugin.

On Red Hat/CentOS that package is called log4cxx-devel. And on Ubuntu it’s log4cxx10-dev.