Is there recommended build environment?

I want to analyze and modify Scidb source code on Mac OSX or Centos.

I would like to know tools used when developing scidb. (the kind of IDE, build environment, debuging and so on)

thank you.

Our internal approaches are as varied as our hairstyles. :wink: What we all share are the tools used by the build environment, and these are organized into the source code tar wad we make available (for each release) here: http://scidb.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1431

In terms of tools, my IDE is vi, lots of xterms, and old-school tools (ctags, etc). Some folk favor emacs over vi, but their broad principles are the same.

Some folk use Eclipse. Here’s a cut-and-paste of the advice “cheat-sheet” the Eclipse using devs have put together … (Note that the bit about the svn repository is out of scope for you, but it might make sense for you to bring your own development under source code control, in which case the

Hope this helps! But … first thing first. Pull down the tar wad, unpack it, get your source code control set up, and follow the “build from iron up” instructions.

[quote=“plumber”]Our internal approaches are as varied as our hairstyles. :wink: What we all share are the tools used by the build environment, and these are organized into the source code tar wad we make available (for each release) here: http://scidb.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1431

In terms of tools, my IDE is vi, lots of xterms, and old-school tools (ctags, etc). Some folk favor emacs over vi, but their broad principles are the same.

Some folk use Eclipse. Here’s a cut-and-paste of the advice “cheat-sheet” the Eclipse using devs have put together … (Note that the bit about the svn repository is out of scope for you, but it might make sense for you to bring your own development under source code control, in which case the

Hope this helps! But … first thing first. Pull down the tar wad, unpack it, get your source code control set up, and follow the “build from iron up” instructions.[/quote]

Hi
when I use svn.scidb.net/scidb in the URL of svn, I don’t know the password, the dialog show the username is root, and what’s the password?

Thank you.