Installation on OpenSuse 11.3 without configure file

I read the documentation about SciDb, I downloaded the source code, I installed the pre-requisite packages, but I can’t find the configure file in any directory, can you explain why, please,
L.P.

Hi,

We did not add package support for OpenSuse.

To build it from sources, please download the source package and follow the steps from the Install Guide. You only need the “Install SciDB from sources” section.
trac.scidb.org/wiki/Docs/Release … stall_0.75

Suchi

Hi,

you probably was confused by BUILD.opensuse.txt file. I see at the end commands:

./configure make make install
these commands are needed to build log4cxx that I could not find in opensuse 11.3 repository.
SciDB itself can be built via cmake as pointed by Suchi.

cmake . make make install
I believe it should work but note that BUILD.opensuse.txt is a draft and not every package may be in it. For example we added readline library for iquery tool. Try to install readline package too.
It would be great to get feedback with final results from you. I’ll be glad to help you with building scidb on OpenSUSE and improve BUILD.opensuse.txt instruction.

Roman Simakov

Thanks for your reply, I used the source code, I read the instruction in the file BuildOpensuse.txt in the doc directory, as I’m reporting below:

sudo zypper in flex
sudo zypper in bison
sudo zypper in boost-devel
sudo zypper in gcc-c++
sudo zypper in xerces-c
sudo zypper in libxerces-c-devel
sudo zypper in protobuf-devel
sudo zypper in doxygen
sudo zypper in libpqxx-devel
sudo zypper in postgresql
sudo zypper in postgresql-devel
sudo zypper in libcppunit-devel
sudo zypper in zlib-devel
sudo zypper in libbz2-devel

== installing log4cxx from sources ==
download and unzip file:///home/roman/prj/apache-log4cxx-0.10.0
sudo zypper in libapr1-devel
sudo zypper in libapr-util1-devel
if will be errors with memmove or memcpy function add #include <string.h> into error cpp files.
to fix errors with putc or like that add #include <stdio.h> into error cpp files.
./configure
make
sudo make install

I don’t have a configure file in the main directory and neither in the included directories.
I tried also with the suggestions in the link you sent me, before to write in the forum, but I had a lot of error,
cheers,
Leda

is related to log4cxx building and you need to do these commands to build log4cxx.

SciDB itself is building via cmake. You need to run

cmake .
make
make install

in the source of scidb as described in Suchi post.

Note. BUILD.opensuse.txt file is a draft and may not have full instructions. For example you may need to install readline package.
I will be grad to help you to build SciDB on OpenSUSE and improve BUILD.opensuse.txt file.

Roman Simakov

is related to log4cxx building and you need to do these commands to build log4cxx.

SciDB itself is building via cmake. You need to run

cmake .
make
make install

in the source of scidb as described in Suchi post.

Note. BUILD.opensuse.txt file is a draft and may not have full instructions. For example you may need to install readline package.
I will be grad to help you to build SciDB on OpenSUSE and improve BUILD.opensuse.txt file.

Roman Simakov