How to fix the fatal error: scidb.services.network null

After running the process of the postgresql, I still have a fatal error.

The detail of error is given as follows:

XXX@ubuntu:/opt/scidb/11.12/bin$ sudo ./scidb.py startall test1
[sudo] password for XXX:
start(node 0 (localhost) instance 0)
Starting SciDB server.
XXX@ubuntu:/opt/scidb/11.12/bin$ ./iquery
131 [0xb68a0930] FATAL scidb.services.network null - Error #system:111 when connecting to localhost:1239
131 [0xb68a0930] FATAL scidb.services.network null - Error #system:111 when connecting to localhost:1239
./iquery SystemException in file: src/network/BaseConnection.cpp function: connect line: 262
Error id: scidb::SCIDB_SE_NETWORK::SCIDB_LE_CONNECTION_ERROR
Error description: Network error. Error #system:111 when connecting to localhost:1239.

Hello,
A couple of observations:

1. You shouldn’t need to run this command as root. I would try running it as a regular user. It might ask you for a root password - in which case, do enter it.
  2. Have you run the command scidb.py initall test1 ?

Hi, Expert, I am a new user here. In the process of the Installation of the SciDB, I can’t get the libprotobuf 6 , but libprotobuf5 instead.

I am sure that I run the comand “scidb.py initall test1” as root,

otherwise the shell will prompt that “rm can’t remove scidb-000-0-1239: Permission denied”

Thank you for your guidance!

More, I append these words "scidb ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL " to /etc/sudoers,
It seem that it doesn’t work.

The detail of running scidb is given in the following text:

chanwen@ubuntu:/opt/scidb/11.12/bin$ sudo ./scidb.py initall test1
[sudo] password for chanwen:
Cleaning up old logs and storage files.
Move/unlink directory (node 0 (localhost) instance 0 /home/scidb/data/000/0 -> /home/scidb/data/000/0-20120327-062348)
init(node 0 (localhost) instance 0)
Reinitializing and registering local scidb instance/storage.

sudo privileges are required to configure the postgres database.
NOTICE: drop cascades to 5 other objects
DETAIL: drop cascades to constraint array_version_array_id_fkey on table array_version
drop cascades to constraint array_version_version_array_id_fkey on table array_version
drop cascades to constraint array_partition_array_id_fkey on table array_partition
drop cascades to constraint array_attribute_array_id_fkey on table array_attribute
drop cascades to constraint array_dimension_array_id_fkey on table array_dimension
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index “array_pkey” for table "array"
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index “array_name_key” for table "array"
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index “array_version_pkey” for table "array_version"
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index “array_version_array_id_key” for table "array_version"
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index “array_version_lock_array_name_key” for table "array_version_lock"
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index “node_pkey” for table "node"
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index “array_partition_pkey” for table "array_partition"
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index “array_attribute_pkey” for table "array_attribute"
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index “array_attribute_array_id_key” for table "array_attribute"
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index “array_dimension_pkey” for table "array_dimension"
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index “array_dimension_array_id_key” for table "array_dimension"
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index “libraries_pkey” for table "libraries"
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index “libraries_name_key” for table "libraries"
WARNING: there is no transaction in progress

chanwen@ubuntu:/opt/scidb/11.12/bin$ sudo ./scidb.py startall test1
start(node 0 (localhost) instance 0)
Starting SciDB server.

chanwen@ubuntu:/opt/scidb/11.12/bin$ ./scidb.py status test1
node_id | host | port | online_since
---------±----------±-----±-------------
0 | localhost | 1239 | infinity
(1 row)

chanwen@ubuntu:/opt/scidb/11.12/bin$ ./iquery
102 [0xb6800930] FATAL scidb.services.network null - Error #system:111 when connecting to localhost:1239
102 [0xb6800930] FATAL scidb.services.network null - Error #system:111 when connecting to localhost:1239
./iquery SystemException in file: src/network/BaseConnection.cpp function: connect line: 262
Error id: scidb::SCIDB_SE_NETWORK::SCIDB_LE_CONNECTION_ERROR
Error description: Network error. Error #system:111 when connecting to localhost:1239.
chanwen@ubuntu:/opt/scidb/11.12/bin$

Hello Xianmang,

you may have fixed your problem already, but for others I would like to describe how I got out of the same situation.

Using the one node test1 configuration from scidb_user_guide_11_12.pdf I’ve got

$ iquery

$ scidb.py startall test1

seemed to start the Server correctly, but investgating the scidb.log it says:

Error id: scidb::SCIDB_SE_CONFIG::SCIDB_LE_INVALID_REDUNDANCY
Error description: Error in config. Redundancy should be smaller than number of nodes.
… SciDB, Inc. is exiting.

So I commented out the redundancy entry in /opt/scidb/11.12/etc/config.ini

no-watchdog=true
#redundancy=2
merge-sort-buffer=1024

After starting the scidb server I could follow the tutorial in the document using iquery.

Regards, David