[HELP] Install from source

Hi

I did follow the provided instruction to install from source on ubuntu 10.04LTS. But I got a whole bunch of error msgs when I typed “make” to compile. Examples showed below:

$DIR/scidb-12.3.0.4813-Snowdrop-final/src/network/proto/scidb_msg.pb.cc:7391: error: ‘ReadUInt32’ is not a member of ‘google::protobuf::internal::WireFormatLite’
$DIR/scidb-12.3.0.4813-Snowdrop-final/src/network/proto/scidb_msg.pb.cc:7405: error: ‘ReadUInt64’ is not a member of ‘google::protobuf::internal::WireFormatLite’
$DIR/scidb-12.3.0.4813-Snowdrop-final/src/network/proto/scidb_msg.pb.cc:7160: error: ‘ReadBool’ is not a member of ‘google::protobuf::internal::WireFormatLite’

These msgs all seem to be related to the protobuf package. I tried libprotobuf5, libprotobuf6 and libprotobuf7 but none worked. Did anyone meet the same problem? Can someone please help?

Another related question is: does anyone here have experience with modifying the source code of SciDB for research purposes? Can this be done using Eclipse+CDT? I tried to import the project but Eclipse shows me way too many error msgs…

Thanks in advance!