Error building the source code

Hello!

I am building scidb-13.12 from the posted snapshot. I get the following error when I try to do it ( I am using ./run.py make -j4) :

/home/local/scidb-13.12.0.6872/src/system/catalog/SystemCatalog.cpp: In function ‘void scidb::fillArrayIdentifiers(pqxx::connection*, pqxx::work&, const std::string&, scidb::ArrayID, scidb::ArrayUAID&, scidb::VersionID&)’:
/home/local/scidb-13.12.0.6872/src/system/catalog/SystemCatalog.cpp:193: error: ‘treat_string’ was not declared in this scope
/home/local/scidb-13.12.0.6872/src/system/catalog/SystemCatalog.cpp:193: error: void value not ignored as it ought to be
/home/local/scidb-13.12.0.6872/src/system/catalog/SystemCatalog.cpp: In member function ‘void scidb::SystemCatalog::_addArray(scidb::ArrayDesc&, scidb::PartitioningSchema)’:

Any clues?

Thank you in advance.

Ranga

Check out the details about the ‘deploy.sh’ script in the documentation.

I’m going out on a limb here to suggest that you’re trying to build / deploy SciDB against a Postgres version, or a libpqxx version, that isn’t the one we build and test against. trunk/src/system/catalog/SystemCatalog.cpp is where we deal with the Postgres DBMS we use to hold our catalogs.

We’re still at Postgres 8.4 together with a particular libpqxx version. I suspect whatever comes by default on your box isn’t it.

Thanks for the reply. Apparently others had similar problems and I was able to find the answer on the forums.