Error 413: Request Too Large
In addition: Warning message:
In df2scidb(s3) : Attribute names have been changed

dim(s3)
[1] 401 1281
object.size(s3)
4886800 bytes[/code]

Tried a simple matrix. It failed too

[code]> s4 <- as.data.frame(matrix(data = 1, nrow = 401, ncol = 1281))

df2scidb(s4)
Error in scidbquery(query, async = FALSE, release = 1, session = session) :
Error 413: Request Too Large[/code]

The data.frame is not terribly large, is it?

On the other hand, I tried to load with loadcsv.py and csv2scidb without success. I think that it is much easier to save within R, no need to specify the type of 1000+ attributes, or is there an shortcut?

Hi,

Sorry about this. The very long creation query is exceeding a fixed buffer size limit in the simple network layer between R and SciDB. I will enter this as a bug in the github repository github.com/paradigm4/SciDBR and fix it by this weekend.

–Bryan

Thank you very much.

Is it possible to export the creation query? So that it can be executed in the terminal.

The limitation in the shim program has now been relaxed to support queries of arbitrary length, up to available memory constraints. Install the shim program from source code available from:

github.com/Paradigm4/shim

or from the RHEL or Ubuntu binary packages referred to in the above link.

In answer to your other question, there is not a way to generate and return queries per se. But you can turn on:

options(scidb.debug=TRUE)

in R and every query will be displayed as they are run. You could in principal copy and paste that into iquery. Be warned that the query to create the 1000-attribute array is quite long!

Best,

Bryan