CMake cannot find CityHash module during ./run.py setup

i am trying to compile 15.7 on cents os 6
but it fails to install

Building SciDB 16.9

i can’t get the run.py to install in any directory other than scidbbuildtrunk/stage/install

now i am trying to install into /usr/local/scidb and i have set SCIDB_INSTALL_PATH to that.
everything compiled fine but when i am trying to install i am getting the following error
sudo ./run.py install
run.py: ERROR: Command install failed: Inconsistent install path: recorded by setup=/usr/local/scidb vs default/environment=/home/scidb/scidbtrunk/stage/install
run.py: ERROR: Make sure commands setup,make,install,start are performed (in that order) before stop,stopForce,tests

line 458 of run.py aparenty hardcodes where run.py installs builds
def confirmRecordedInstallPath (scidbEnv):
installPath = getRecordedVar (scidbEnv.build_path,“CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX”)
if installPath != scidbEnv.install_path:
raise RuntimeError(“Inconsistent install path: recorded by setup=%s vs default/environment=%s” %
(installPath, scidbEnv.install_path))

why??

I suspect you had to start with SCIDB_INSTALL_PATH=/usr/local/scidb (run.py setup, run.py make, ).

Trying it now.

Confirming. If you have set SCIDB_INSTALL_PATH=/usr/local/scidb in your environment
AND you do the whole process with that setting (setup, make, install) it works.

i did try run.py setup, run.py make, run.py install and SCIDB_INSTALL_PATH was configured beforehand in .bashrc and that .bashrc was sourced in ssh-agent shell.

it just does does not work. I am doing this with clean install of cent os 6.7 and scidb community edition 15.7 build. everything compiles, builds but does not install.

the “run.py install” script continues to insist regardless of the setting of SCIDB_INSTALL_PATH to install at build/stage directory. that what puzzles me. I can demonstrate this over skype

as a side note i am utterly perplexed as to why run.py setup and run.py make hard-code the location to where the software will be installed. If I were to distribute scidb community edition binary packages to somebody and that person wanted to install to different directory than the one i have used during the compilation how would that work?

Are you calling run.py the same way each time?
The only way I was able to get the problem you said was if you modified .bashrc of scidb user, run.py setup, run.py make
AND THEN
sudo run.py install

Sudo will make a shell as root user - which does NOT have SCIDB_INSTALL_PATH set.

Otherwise I am at a loss.

you are right. i was trying to install to a directory to which i had did not permissions i have used sudo. if i change permissions on directory where i am installing scidb 15.7 run.py setup works without sudo

Thank you for your help