Building SciDB 16.9

Hello,

I am running into an error when building scidb 16.9 on Ubuntu 14.04. The error occurs in when using the run.py make -j4. Is there a quick fix for this?

[ 14%] Building CXX object src/system/CMakeFiles/system_lib.dir/Constants.cpp.o
/home/scidb/scidb_dev/stage/build/src/system/Constants.cpp:45:45: error: integer constant is too large for its type [-Werror]
uint32_t SCIDB_VERSION_BUILD() {return 0xdb1a98ff4202a1a4ffc6a677ae5156323a5ad90c;}
^
/home/scidb/scidb_dev/stage/build/src/system/Constants.cpp: In function ‘uint32_t scidb::SCIDB_VERSION_BUILD()’:
/home/scidb/scidb_dev/stage/build/src/system/Constants.cpp:45:45: error: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type [-Werror=overflow]
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
make[2]: *** [src/system/CMakeFiles/system_lib.dir/Constants.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/system/CMakeFiles/system_lib.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
run.py: ERROR: Command make failed: Abnormal return code: 2 on command [’/usr/bin/make’, ‘-j1’]

David?

Have a look here:

Basically, we found it, fixed it, and pushed another tar ball out. You got the earlier tar ball, I think.

Thanks, the tarball is working fine.

I came across a related issue when trying to install. When I get to the ./run.py setup/make/install stage I am coming across an error I noticed on the board previously. CMake cannot find CityHash module during ./run.py setup

In that case the user was trying to install in different directories. However, I am not.

If I don’t add sudo to the run.py , the setup command completes, but the make fails with having the incorrect directory. Even though the path is /home/usr/scidb_dev/scidb_trunk on the error print out is the same.

When I use sudo, the setup and make steps progress and then I fail at the install step with this error. Can you shed a bit of light on what directories/files need to be read/write access to different users.

unable to execute /home/scidb/scidb_dev/scidb_trunk/stage/install/bin/scidb.py: Permission denied
run.py: ERROR: Command install failed: Abnormal return code: 1 on command [‘sudo’, ‘-u’, ‘postgres’, ‘/home/scidb/scidb_dev/scidb_trunk/stage/install/bin/scidb.py’, ‘init-syscat’, ‘–db-password’, ‘mydb’, ‘mydb’, ‘/home/scidb/scidb_dev/scidb_trunk/stage/install/etc/config.ini’]

The postgres user must be able to execute scidb.py.

What we do here is:
$ sudo usermod -G scidb -a postgres
$ chmod g+rx ~scidb/scidb_dev

and I find it best to make sure all the directories in the path to scidb.py are g+rx from /home/scidb on down.